Chillquick™ cold water stations have a cooling capacity of 10…400 kW. They are manufactured using refrigerants approved under the Montreal Treaty. All the components that are important from the point of view of the building owner are located in warm spaces indoors while the liquid cooler is on the roof. The payback time for the additional investment in this system compared to a conventional water-cooling system can be less than half a year. The large proportion of work carried out at the factory gives the builder a functioning plant and rapid project timetable.
CGIW water-cooling systems are dual-circuit 40…400 kW
Larger machines, with a cooling output of more than 40 kW are always operationally reliable dual-circuit devices. The device comprises completely ready water and coolant sides, and electrical, control, and warning equipment. All electrical equipment is located in the factory-tested cold-water station itself.
High efficiency through water quantity variation
In a Chillquick™ water-cooling system, the evaporator-circuit pump always replenishes the header tanks while the operating circuit has its own pump. This technique permits the use of an energy-saving variable-rpm pump in the operating circuit, making it very easy to use 2-way valves in room-specific cooling devices.
300 or 800-litre header tanks
In a modern water-cooling system, the volume of water is so small that it is technically essential to equip the installation with a header tank. With a small water volume, the compressor starts frequently and the system´s control devices operate on the on / off principle. We have optimized the following header tanks for various equipment sizes:
• At a cooling capacity of 10…85 kW, the nominal size of the header tank is 300 l
• At a cooling capacity of 85…400 kW, the nominal size of the header tank is 800 l
All header tanks are equipped with a baffle plate that prevents the water mixing too quickly.
Control based on return water
Control of Chillquick™ water-cooling systems is based on the cold water returning from the machinery. The control device keeps the water leaving the machinery at a constant temperature. Chillquick™ cold-water stations are supplied together with tanks and pumps.
• Prevention of too rapid start-up
• Automatic restarting after a power outage
• Balancing of compressor operating time
• Daily and weekly timer
• Condensation pressure control
• Controller in Finnish / English
Optional accessories for Chillquick™ cold-water stations
• Alteration of setting value for cold water
• Alarm transfer to GSM modem
• Connection to the building-automation bus (LON, Mod Bus)
• Remote monitoring over the Internet to mobile devices or a central control room
• Electronic expansion valves
• Soft starters
• Compressor noise-attenuation bags
• Special noise attenuation in the frame structure
Rotary compressor technology
Chiller Oy´s water-cooling technology is always equipped with rotary compressors, which are suitable for all refrigerants approved under the Montreal Treaty. A 3-D screw compressor has the lowest faults-claim risk of any compressor technology. The compressor contains only a fraction of the number of moving parts compared to those in, e.g., a piston compressor. There is very little variation in the moment in a screw compressor, giving the device a very low noise level.